Saturday, July 05, 2008

still standing...
I'm still on the job at LucasArts. My thanks to everyone who emailed to ask, with a gentle reminder not to believe everything you read on the interwebs. And please understand I am not going to write about the layoffs here.

facebook addict
There are a LOT of gamefolk on Facebook. Some of their pages are like little works of art. I am fascinated.
When I first started whywhywhy I hoped to encourage creative collaboration on the web, and learned to hand code html and design sites so I could host projects like the blond experiment and the self-portraitproject.
Some of us were seriously concerned that all the money swirling around the dot-coms was going to consume the web until it was used exclusively to sell crap. It's thrilling to see the explosion of user-created content. As I write here less and less, I realize there's almost no need for it anymore. And that is a good thing, like seeing your kid grow up and surpass you.